More About Tuition
How do I make payment to Premium Tutors?
After two weeks of lessons have been delivered, kindly make payment directly to Premium Tutors. Our preferred mode of payment is via ATM/i-Banking to Premium House Tutors' (our subsidiary company) account:
DBS Current Account 198-9-004013
Premium House Tutors Pte Ltd.
We also accept payment by PayNow to Unique Entity Number (UEN): 201929992G
Payment for all subsequent lessons beyond the specified number of lessons in the invoice should then be made to tutors directly.
What are the terms and details of the lessons?
Firstly, we will determine where the client would like lessons to be conducted. Clients may be conducted at the client's house, preferred public locations such as the cafes, or the tutor's home/studio upon client's request. The lesson date and start time as well as the tutor's rate for each assignment will also be confirmed beforehand.
We ensure that each tutor will contact the client/parent before the first lesson to obtain the unit number directly and check on any specific areas the client would like to work on before the first lesson. Each tutor will have their own teaching style to accomodate to individual students. However, clients can request beforehand if there are certain teaching styles they would like the tutor to adopt or areas they would like the tutor to focus on
Can lessons be postponed? Is there a minimum commitment period?
All postponements of lessons should be made 24 hours in advance by both parties. For the first lesson, Clients and Tutors should inform each other directly, as well as the agency. For subsequent lessons, clients and tutors may inform each other directly. Clients are liable to a late postponement penalty of 50% of 1-lesson fee if they do not inform tutors at least 24 hours in advance, to make up for the opportunity cost incurred by the tutor blocking off the time slot. This penalty may be incurred on a case to case basis.
There is also no minimum commitment period. Both parties may terminate the assignment at any time. However, terminations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the next lesson. Failure to do will incur a late termination penalty of 50% of 1 lesson.
For client terminations, payment for all lessons conducted have to be made
Subsequently, you may inform us of your wish to terminate and we will inform the tutor and settle their share of the payment directly.
For tutors, termination will waive your right to all payment for the first month, and you may be required to pay late termination penalties if you do not inform us at least 24 hours in advance. We strongly discourage termination from tutors unless there are valid reasons.
Can I make changes to the lesson arrangement? (e.g. add subjects, students or frequency)
Yes of course. However, clients and tutors should keep us updated if there are any changes to the lesson arrangement such as a change in lesson frequency or duration, additional subjects required, or additional students being added in to the lessons.
Our commission and fees collected will be modified accordingly to reflect the new arrangement.
Our Commission Structure/Agency Fee
Our service is free for clients. For tutors, we generally collect the fees for the scheduled number of lessons for the first 2 weeks as commission for any standard long term assignment (> 3 months in total duration). The commission for any short term assignment is usually 25% of the total tuition fees, or as otherwise agreed upon between the agency and tutor.
The commission is due to be paid directly by clients to the agency, and should not be collected by tutors under any circumstances, unless otherwise agreed upon. The number of lessons we will collect as commission from tutor is predetermined based on the long term frequency of lessons conducted, and any temporary changes in frequency or postpones during the first month of engagement
will not affect the total commission amount due to Premium Tutors.
Any tutors found to evade the agreed-upon commission will be
permanently blacklisted. Such cases may also be referred to the Police or the Small Claims Tribunal on a case by case basis.
If lessons were terminated by the client within the first month, you will be entitled to 50% of the total fees received. However, if the the tutor decides to terminate the assignment within the first month, the tutor will not be entitled to any payment.
How do I find assignments?
All of our latest assignments can be found on our telegram channel at https://t.me/PTHTassignments. You may also sign up at https://www.housetutor.com.sg/tutorsignup and choose to receive customised email and telegram updates via our subscription system. We accept and process applications via email and telegram only. Kindly ensure that you indicate the assignment code you are applying for clearly in each application.
Other relevant info you should include for each application includes:
Age, Gender, Race:
Tuition Experience (in years):
Brief description of experience in relevant subject(s):
Expected hourly rate:
The more detailed you are in your application, and the more relevant information you provide, the higher your chance of securing tutoring assignments! Also, do take note that we propose your profile based on your
indicated available timings and rate. You are free to indicate rates and timings which differ from the assignment details, and we will propose your profile accordingly. However, do note this will significantly lower your chances of securing assignments. So please be careful to indicate those accurately in your applications.
What are the terms of service?
1. Tutors are expected to commit for at least one month (unless there is valid reason such as illness for termination) or the agreed upon term for short term assignments. Tutors who do not adhere to the specified commitment period will waive their right to receive any payment from both the agency and client. Tutors are expected to behave in a professional manner, and the following rules will apply:
punctual, and always deliver a full lesson timing.
- At least
24 hours notice for any change in schedule, unless due to sudden sickness. MC must be provided.
- No physical or verbal abuse will be tolerated in any form
- Tutors should be at least somewhat competent in the subject area to be tutored.
Any tutor found to be behaving in an unprofessional manner or who receives complaints which are verified with documentary proof will be
permanently blacklisted from our service. We also reserve the right to seek legal recourse for any reputational loss incurred by tutors who behave fraudulently or negligently.
How to conduct lessons?
- Lessons may be conducted in your own preferred style and teaching methods. However, it is expected that the teaching style/approach be relevant to the students level/subject. Any tutor found to be entirely unfamiliar with the syllabus or teaching entirely unrelated content (with proof from clients) will be blacklisted permanently from our database.
- Tutors may provide their own materials and purchase supplementary materials for lessons. This should be discussed with clients beforehand and tutors should inform clients directly if they would like to be reimbursed for the purchase/supply of materials. Our platform will not be involved for any disputes regarding the provision of materials, and it will also not affect our commission collected.
- Clients may also have their own preferences and requirements with regards to how lessons are conducted. It is recommended that tutors contact parents prior to the first lesson to draft out a lesson plan. There are no minimum commitment period for clients and they may terminate lessons at any time. However, payment will need to be made for each lesson in full.
How to successfully get more assignments?
1. Applications should be made via telegram or email. We typically match most assignments within 1 to 2 days, hence it is recommended that u apply for assignments which are posted within the last 1 to 2 days.
2. Tutoring profiles with as much relevant information as possible are more likely to be selected by parents. Such information includes, but is not limited to, relevant grades of subjects to be tutored (O/A Level), average grade improvements made by students, materials prepared, number of students currently on hand for applied level and subject. etc.
3. Kindly try to apply within the specified requirements if possible. For example, your proposed rate, level of education, timings as well as any other requirements should be closely aligned with the requirements of each posted assignment to increase your chances of success.
4. Tutors who have previously received positive reviews from other clients will always be prioritised, and any tutor who was found to flout the abovementioned rules or receives a high number of complaints from parents (>= 30%) may be permanently blacklisted from our database.
5. It is not compulsory for you to upload your certificates and/or a profile picture. However, by doing so, you will greatly improve the chances of you securing tutoring assignments as it will improve your credibility and reliability.
Do note that tutors which apply for assignments they are not a good match for in terms of rate, qualifications, experience or who submit incomplete/brief applications may not successfully obtain any assignments at all. Our system also
prioritises tutors who have received good reviews from clients, on average. Thus if u receive mostly bad reviews it is unlikely you will be selected for most future applications.
Finding a Tutor
How do I find a tutor?
Fill out the online form under the Find Tutor page, or contact us directly via Whatsapp/SMS at 81256253.
Our tuition coordinators will respond to your query by the next working day. To expedite the process, if contacting us via SMS/Whatsapp, kindly provide the following information:
Upon receipt of request, our tuition coordinators will send you the profiles of suitable applicants based on your preferences. We prioritise sending you the tutors which have received good reviews from other clients first. Some of our tutors may also contact you directly through our platform or Whatsapp.
Details of Student
Subject to be Tutored
Address of Tuition Venue
Preferred Tutor Qualifications (MOE/Graduate/Full-Time/Undergraduates)
Frequency of lessons
Time slot preferences
Budget for lessons
Any other preferences
What are the charges involved in finding a tutor?
Parents or students enjoy a free service and do not have to pay any matching fees or commissions. Matched tutors are charged the first two weeks (or the equivalent number of lessons in two weeks) of tuition fees as a commission for assisting them with find a suitable tuition assignments. We will collect this payment on behalf of our tutors from clients directly
To illustrate, if the first month's tuition fees for an assignment is $360, we will collect $180 directly from the parents after the end of the 2nd week. The remaining $180 will then be paid to the tutor directly at the end of the first month. Subsequently, parents will pay the employed tutors directly. The full details will be included in a confirmation invoice sent to you once the first lesson date and time have been arranged.
Once the assigment is confirmed, an invoice with our payment details will be sent to you. Payment for lessons only needs to be made after the specified number of lessons on the invoice has been conducted.
How can I verify the qualifications of the tutor?
Tutors are required to submit either the soft copy of their certificates to our platform or bring down the hard copies of their certifications for parents to view on the first lesson. We do not send out soft copies of certifications directly to any client due to privacy laws. Should any discrepancies be detected, do contact us immediately. Our agency does not hesitate to blacklist any tutors who may provide fraudulent information. Whilst we do our best to ensure the accuracy of information, we do not take responsibility for any inaccuracies in the information which are presented by the tutors themselves.
Requesting for Specific Tutors
You may request for specific tutors through our partnering website at https://www.housetutor.com.sg/. To do so, please send a request through the House Tutor platform, or message our coordinators through whatsapp with the Tutor name and Tutor ID. Do note that any request for a specific tutor is subject to the tutor's current availability. Rates that are indicated on each tutor's profile page may also be subject to change.
What are the types of tutors available and their differences?
There are 3 broad types of tutors, which are segmented according to the market rates charged by the tutor:
1. Undergraduates - These are tutors who are tutoring part time and have not attained a degree or diploma yet. These tutors are often the most affordable option, but may have less available time slots and may not be able to commit for extended periods of time.
2. Graduate/Full Time Tutors - Tutors who have graduated and who are mostly tutoring full time as their occupation, as private tutors or at other learning insitututes. These are tutors who will have much more years of experience, but the rates and qualifications of each full time tutor may differ greatly from individual to individual
MOE-Trained/Current School Teachers - These are tutors who have taught officially in government schools or international schools. They will tend to command higher rates but have the most amount of resources and will be familiar with the latest syllabus and pedagogy.
Do note that our platform does not control the rates for each tutor. Each tutor quotes their own rates based on their own qualifications, experience level and the accessibility of the tutoring location. However, our company will try to send you profiles which fall within your indicated hourly budget.
Terms & Conditions
What are the Terms & Conditions?
Click here to read our extensive Terms & Conditions page!